Saturday, December 20, 2008

Back in the GROOVE

ALRIGHT!!! Last weekend the "fam" went to my parents house. Sunday morning I finally took the new bike out for a test drive. I rode for about an hour and a half. It was GREAT! I didn't want to stop, but Heather and the boys were heading home so I didn't want to miss saying good bye.

Monday I had an eye appointment at Duke's eye center for my retinopathy. Dr. Cousins said everything looked fine and that he wouldn't need to see me for 6 mths. The longest time between appts for the past 3 years has been 4 mths. I was so psyched! I asked if he had any advice for me since I was doing the IM and he said yes...Reid, if you decide to jump out of an airplane, please wear a parachute.

I was finally able to make it back to the Y. Tuesday and Thursday I went to an hour long spin class. It felt great. Wednesday I actually swam. I've really missed the pool. I think the swim is my favorite part of IM so far. I like contact sports, so the actual event should be FUN too!

Back to the work saga or reality show...I was a little skeptical to post during the week because of my superstitious nature. All was going so well. Yesterday my favorite driver (sarcasm) came in and announced that his "X" had placed a restraining order against him and that he also had a court date on the 23rd for an assault & battery charge she filed as well. Lovely and so much for Prozac.

Looks like its time to cut our losses. I'm living my dream as far as the business goes. "Momma said there would be days like this." We really do have a GREAT team. These guys and gals are such hard workers and they have such a "can do" attitude. All of this just gives me more reason to train. What a wonderful stress reliever! Not as good as sex, but oh well...:)

GO TRIABETICS GO!!!
CHEERS!!!

2 comments:

Brickhead said...

You really are a rugby player if you are looking forward to the swim most of all... Enjoyed the run today... except for the wind, cold, and pain. Hope your knees are OK.... boy that does not sound the way I meant it.

Reid said...

You're the best...I don't know anyone else I would want to run around Boone in tights with! Well, Hotties would be nice, but hell you gotta love the looks we get...oh and my knees are okay big boy...thanks:)!