Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fitting it all in...

So far this week has been much better than expected. Our driver returned and we have been keeping a close eye on him. Prozac seems to be the answer (we hope). He is showing up on time, paying attention, asking questions and reminding us of the guy we interviewed (thank GOD). The Ops Mgr would like to keep him on and the two of them are changing our minds. The only way to make this happen would be for us to extend his probationary period 60 days past the original one ending. I hope this happens because it will free up a lot of time for training. I really want to get back to the Y.
Anyway, I've been riding on the trainer each night for an hour or so. My hip flexor seems to be getting stronger every day. If my schedule allows I might try to run 2 miles a couple of days next week to see how it feels. Its still pretty tight, but the pain is diminishing.
Its still raining here. I still haven't had the new bike outside:(. Nicholas is heading down the mountain with Dad this afternoon. Heather is working on finding Benjamin a babysitter for tomorrow night. We have plans to attend our friend's John & Tracie Hasting's X-Mas party. Its a great time! I'll try to drink a lot less this year...but we'll see if I can sway from the temptation...doubtful...it's way too much fun with all of those crazies there. I'll try not to Zulu; I'm sure Heather will do her best to stop me...the way of the warrior doesn't stand a chance against the way of the wife:). We're heading down to my parents for the weekend so I'll try to ride down there; its a lot less hilly and it might be a better introduction to the bike.
Monday I have a Duke appointment for my left eye that I've had so much retinopathy in and the major surgery last year for the detached Macula. Can't wait to hear how it looks. I am seeing much clearer so hopefully that's a good sign that all of this exercise is paying off!!! Can't wait to tell them I've signed up for an Ironman...Dr. Cousins will fall out of his chair...he told me running was a good thing to oxygenate the eye...I told him I would try to fit it into my crazy schedule last year (I was driving, selling, doing the books, training new hires, etc). He was disappointed that I didn't take him up on it. Now I'm giving myself no choice. Getting into Ironman shape comes 1st!!! Let's PARTY!!!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

Brickhead said...

Yo, blogster - I used to count blog time as training time:) How about a ride this weekend? It'll be cold but sunny. I need it. You can borrow Russ' capilene tights.

Sean said...

Reid, your blog is 10x better than any of those reality shows people watch on TV these days :)

Keep up the great work!